The Revolutionary Power of Tele-Orthodontics in Dental Care
The Revolutionary Power of Tele-Orthodontics in Dental Care
Tele-orthodontics in modern dental care allows specialists to effectively interact with patients remotely by maintaining the high quality of provided services. This point is especially significant regarding unpredictable events in a dynamically changing world. In this case, neither quarantine restrictions nor dangerous circumstances can prevent the dental clinic from diagnosing and treating patients.
Basics of Tele-Orthodontics and How It Works
The use of innovative technologies has contributed to the emergence of such a trend in dentistry as tele-orthodontics. This method of servicing dental patients is carried out remotely, which is especially important in the tense epidemiological situation and the inaccessibility of an offline clinic visit caused by external factors.
Tele-orthodontics is a diagnostic and consulting service that uses information and telecommunication systems. This form of providing dental services helps maintain dental health even if the patient cannot visit the doctor’s office for any reason. Patients receive consultations on proper oral care through dental and orthodontics technologies and learn about the need to correct their bites. At the same time, it is possible to find answers to questions about selecting crowns and braces during the videoconference.
Nowadays, there are two ways of providing tele-orthodontics services, including:
Synchronous. The consultation occurs online in real-time. Video conferencing requires both doctor and patient to be available for direct interaction.
Asynchronous. The patient sends the necessary information to the dentist’s email. After assessing the nuances of the issue, the doctor determines the treatment plan, its duration and cost. This process takes place in a convenient mode for the patient and the doctor.
Thanks to tele-dentistry, conducting a preoperative assessment and prescribing treatment quickly is possible.
Leveraging Technology to Enhance Patient Experience and Satisfaction with Tele-Orthodontics
Tele-medicine technologies are becoming more widespread in the healthcare system, including dentistry. A significant prevalence of dental diseases, high accessibility to dentists, insufficient availability of dental care, and a significant proportion of neglected forms of oral diseases increase the relevance of the integrated implementation of information and telecommunication technologies in this area. Using orthodontics software is important in providing medical care to dental patients.
As objective information in tele-orthodontics consultations, photographs made by intraoral cameras and x-rays are often used. The development of dental and orthodontics technologies can lead to the emergence of a set of services that will allow patients to obtain short-term leases of the necessary equipment (mobile cameras, portable scanners, laptops with specific software, etc.) to get a quality check-up with a dentist online. The provision of tele-dental services implies such processes as:
- Sending documents and photos for consultation with results. In this case, the patients and doctors will need to use specific software to consolidate data in one place. The cloud-based orthodontics software can handle this task effectively. The digital products allow specialists to conduct remote dental consultations without purchasing additional equipment or software.
- Participating in video consultations via the Internet with patients in remote locations. The availability of modern devices for video conferencing has a huge impact on the course of diagnosis and treatment. The dentist should receive clear visual materials for further analysis. The mobile camera MouthWatch is an example of a handy tool for visualizing the condition of the inner surface of the mouth.
- Assessing the condition of their oral cavity. The use of the portable scanners by the patients allows the specialists of dental clinics to obtain professional visual materials for the appointment of treatment and preventive therapy.
The Role of AI in Tele-Orthodontics for the Future of Dental Care
AI performs the role of a basis for developing orthodontics software by supporting dental clinics at all levels of their functioning, including communication with the patients, diagnosis and treatment. Smart tools can manage complex systems by using the benefits of advanced scanning methods and cloud-based orthodontics software. Advanced AI innovations break the barriers between patients and access to dental services.
The digital products developed with the use of AI allow:
- Increase the number of patients receiving dental consultations. The introduction of AI technologies can automatically assess the patient’s early signs of caries and gingival inflammation using images obtained with an intraoral camera equipped with fluorescent technology. This process is an important stage to maintain good oral health as an effective preventive measure to avoid frequent treatments.
- Cultivate a culture of self-care oral hygiene. AI based software can turn into an innovative mobile application that helps patients and healthcare providers self-monitor by creating a health ranking. High-quality oral hygiene requires systematic action. The advanced technologies can remind patients of mandatory procedures, check-ups and appointments with dentists.
- Develop diagnostic and preventive care. Al is a basis for the development of digital platforms providing patients and dentists with the necessary tools to conduct high-quality diagnostics and treatment. These tele-orthodontics platforms increase the level of access to dental services. They represent a combination of the digital tools and innovative devices.
- Eliminate the possibility of medical error. The power of AI allows orthodontists and dental technicians to create prostheses that are ideal for a particular patient. These technologies represent the guarantor of an individual approach to create a perfect smile.
- Reduce the workload of specialists. This point is especially significant when it comes to completion of treatment protocols and case histories. The use of Al can lead to maximum automation of these processes.
The development of orthodontics software becomes impossible without an active introduction of the AI based features of digital products. Smart technologies should remain the main driving force for the improvement of dental clinics’ working processes. The specialists and patients will enjoy the advantages of AI at every stage of diagnosis and treatment.
Addressing Challenges and Limitations of Tele-Orthodontics in Dental Practice
Although over 74% of dentists evaluate their tele-orthodontics programs as successful digital products, the orthodontics software requires constant improvement to eliminate specific issues. The most common challenges and limitations of tele-orthodontics programs include such problems as:
- Restrained infrastructures. Dentists and patients may feel discomfort from a poor Internet connection and lack of constant connection. This point is especially relevant for the residents of remote regions. This issue does not allow patients to enjoy the benefits of tele-orthodontics in general.
- Shortcomings of hardware and software. The tele-orthodontics requires using powerful laptops and other dental devices to scan the oral cavity. The presence of digital tools can lead to better quality service or a limited range of diagnostics.
- Lack of knowledge among dentists. The doctors should have specific skills and knowledge to provide the patients with tele-orthodontics services. These specialists should participate in the training activities to learn the necessary information to use digital products.
Regardless of the problems and difficulties, tele-orthodontics remains one of the most demanded and rapidly developing areas of medicine by showing growing interest from satisfied patients.
New Custom Features in Orthodontics. Why Do People Choose Tele-Orthodontics?
New custom features in orthodontics imply the development of advanced approaches to the organization of the diagnosis and treatment process. In this case, they perform the role of a digital platform, meeting the following needs of the patients:
- Making oral care easier by eliminating any issues. The custom features in orthodontics turn into a basis for a productive and effective treatment process that excludes unnecessary actions and waste of time. The patients’ expectations will correspond to reality.
- Transforming and improving care through tech. Preventive care provided through the use of telecommunications makes it possible to avoid expensive treatment in the future. In cases of minor pathological changes, non-medical manipulations are required. The patients should only visit a hygienist.
- Putting patients first by prioritizing their preferences. The patients should have a high level of trust in the dentist. This attitude arises during conversations and discussions of all stages of diagnosis and treatment. In this case, patients begin to feel protected by sharing their desires and preferences with absolute certainty to be heard.
Each custom application has a specific combination of options and functions to meet the client’s requests. TRIARE professionals carefully analyze the details of the work of the dental clinic before offering software to satisfy its preferences. High-quality communication with the client, long experience in creating dental programs and studying the latest digital product on the market allows TRIARE to provide clients with the most effective and productive services by developing innovative software. You can already find the Smile App in our portfolio as a sample of TRIARE’s work.
Benefits of Custom Software for Orthodontics Solutions
Custom orthodontics software changes the quality of dental services at all levels by allowing patients to enjoy the achievements of innovative technologies to eliminate dental issues. Introducing well-thought-out digital products into the process of interaction with patients and treatment can become a huge competitive advantage for any dental clinic. The list of the most effective dental programs includes the following positions:
- EDentra. It represents cloud-based orthodontics software performing such functions as process automation, data storage, reminder function, support for biometric devices and QR-code recognition.
- Curve Dental. It is practice management software providing the specialists with an opportunity to improve the functioning of the patient service system, diagnostics based on the received visual data and even payment optimization.
- ACE Dental. The digital product allows dental clinics to improve the functioning of all working processes by simplifying the daily tasks of specialists. It implies quick and easy access to grouped data with interactive visualization.
The benefits of the development of orthodontics software in the area of tele-medicine include the following aspects:
- Saving time and finances. The patients do not have to search for the nearest dental clinic to get competent answers to exciting questions. They will be able to understand what procedures are needed easily. The patients will receive information about the cost of services.
- Access from any part of the world. The patients do not need to leave the house to get information from a specialist. An Internet connection via smartphone or laptop is the only thing they need to get a dental consultation.
- Confidentiality. All data the specialist receives from the patient is not subject to disclosure.
Due to the preliminary examination via telecommunication devices, the time the patient will spend in the dental chair during further face-to-face treatment is reduced. With telemedicine, monitoring the patient’s condition until their full recovery becomes easier.
Why Do Clients Choose TRIARE as the Specialized Orthodontics Software Developer?
TRIARE is a well-coordinated team of specialists providing their clients only with high-quality services to meet their needs and preferences. We can help you find flexible solutions to the issues by implementing innovative technologies in all stages of the working process. The clients give preference to TRIARE’s services in orthodontics software development due to the following reasons:
High level of customer focus. TRIARE team of professionals always prioritizes the desires of the customers to identify their true needs by creating a unique product that solves the problem of a particular dental clinic.
Rich experience in the dental industry. The company already has a successful orthodontics software development case. Smile App is a digital product combining high-quality visualization and a simple interface. It allows the patients to see the results of the implantation at the initial stage of treatment, strengthening their confidence in the clinic and the desire to receive a full range of dental services.
360-degree customer service. Developing a high-quality digital product is the starting point for long-term cooperation. TRIARE provides their clients with the complex support needed to avoid problems with the correct software functioning, make actual changes and update the databases.
The use of information and telecommunication technologies in dentistry is based on general principles, technologies, and normative and methodological support for providing medical care using tele-medicine technologies. At the same time, the development of tele-orthodontics in the modern dental area has certain specifics. They include the localization of diseases, diagnostically important information, treatment courses for various pathologies, and the frequency of communication between the patient and the dentist.. TRIARE specialists can consider all these nuances to develop the most productive and effective software to make tele-orthodontics an integral part of any dental clinic’s working process.