What Custom Software Do Dental Clinics Use?
What Custom Software Do Dental Clinics Use?
Make sure you utilize the most efficient software solution that makes your customers happier. Put everything in order and keep track of vital information.
Dental solutions offer practices a safe and cost-effective way to handle appointments and treatments, improving the patient and staff experience. Since there is no one-size-fits-all, many clinics and practices look for custom software tailored to their needs and schedules. Therefore, they turn to expert developers such as TRIARE with vast experience in web and mobile development, UI/UX design, and software testing.
TRIARE has an extensive portfolio of custom software solutions in a wide range of domains. With dentistry, we have successfully designed and developed solutions focusing on 3D prostheses, implants, appointment booking, x-ray imagery, and CRM.
Generally, many dental care providers are still not clear on how these solutions work and how they may be beneficial. Here is a full guide to provide you with all the information you need.
What experience does TRIARE have with medical projects?
Over the years, TRIARE has had fruitful partnerships with clients from many different industries. Several projects are within the medical sector, for example, Dental Portal, Medbridge, and Smile App.
Dental Portal – a web solution that allows medical service providers to digitize their processes. It matches registered labs and practices to see if the labs are suitable to fulfill an order from practices or not. TRIARE’s experts were in constant communication with the client to use their lab database, establish a pricing structure, and agree on the cycle flow.
Medbridge – a mobile app for remote medical diagnostics. TRIARE started working on it when the COVID-19 pandemic began and it became an issue for doctors and patients to meet face-to-face. The app connects specific diagnostic equipment, such as a stethoscope, via bluetooth and transmits data to doctors. It helps clinics streamline data management by connecting the app to the CRM and automating the appointment schedules.
Smile app – a mobile application for dental implants visualization and customization. It allows dental clinics to show how a patient’s new smile will look in a couple of clicks on a tablet. As a result, clinics gain a tool to acquire customers by demonstrating them their new smile.
Dental software development: IT & web-integrated dental solutions
To be efficient and profitable in today’s world, dental services must use digital technology. IT solutions allow for rapid access to medical and other data regarding the patient’s treatment and care. Dental departments use custom software to record a vast quantity of data and support data processing.
In the dental clinic, as in all other medical institutions, multiple examples of modern software are used for treatment. Cutting-edge technologies are employed, such as digital dentistry and enhanced visualization for diagnostics. These modern technologies improve the efficiency of dental practices. Data from electronic dental records can be utilized for future research and studies.
Using electronic records can improve record management and are easier to save and retrieve. In addition, enormous amounts of data can be analyzed to conduct scientific studies and improve dental procedures. On the bottom line, dental applications help dental practices to streamline their operations, increase efficiency, and reduce costs, allowing them to focus on providing the best possible care to their patients.
What are the most common problems that software in dentistry can solve?
As in many other industries, software possesses a potential to revolutionize dental and dentistry spheres. It starts with improving the overall practice management, where dental software can automate tasks such as appointment scheduling, patient record management, and claims and billing processes, freeing up staff time and reducing the risk of errors. With features such as digital imaging, treatment planning tools, and patient education materials, dental software can help clinics to work more efficiently and provide higher-quality care to their patients.
More importantly, dental apps can make it easier for patients to schedule appointments, manage their health records, and understand their treatment options, resulting in a better overall experience. With appointment reminders, online bill payment, and patient portals, dental software can help clinics to engage patients and provide a more convenient and accessible experience.
The best dental monitoring apps for you are ones that can solve your fundamental problems, primarily, the following:
- Appointment mixups. Cloud-based systems sometimes include a scheduling tool that links to your website. This allows patients or your employees to arrange sessions from your clinic. They also typically contain appointment reminders to reduce no-shows.
- Billing processing. The financial aspects of a dental practice can take up a lot of time. The right software automates treatment calculations and creates invoices you can pass on to patients. It also simplifies the billing process with insurance companies.
- Patient records. The system you use should make it simple to establish and update dental patient records.
- Compliance and safety. You should follow HIPAA standards. This involves preserving patient privacy and maintaining patient data per HIPAA requirements.
Different dentistry web solutions & apps
By integrating custom dental apps into their daily operations, dental practices can streamline their activities and increase overall efficiency. Custom solutions can help clinics to engage patients and provide a more convenient and accessible experience, leading to higher levels of patient satisfaction.
On the other hand, with features such as billing and insurance claim submissions, and real-time financial reporting, dental applications can help practices to manage their finances more effectively and increase profitability.
Truly, there are many applications that can be customized for different purposes. However, they share the common focus: help dental practices reduce costs and generate more income by streamlining the medical, administrative, and marketing activities.
By carefully evaluating the specific needs and goals of their practice and selecting the right custom dental application, dental clinics can leverage technology to generate more income and improve their overall operations.
For instance, providing an improved patient experience and increasing patient engagement, custom dental applications can help improve patient satisfaction, leading to increased patient retention and referrals, and ultimately, increased revenue.
In addition, custom dental applications can be used to automate marketing and patient acquisition efforts, helping dental clinics reach more potential patients and increase their patient base.
Streamline your dental practice and improve patient experience with our dental booking app
Custom patient scheduling software
Moving forward to specific use cases of dental app, let’s talk about custom patient scheduling software. It is designed to help dental practices manage patient appointments and streamline their appointment scheduling process.
The main purposes of custom patient scheduling software are:
- Improving appointment scheduling: Custom patient scheduling software can help dental practices to schedule appointments more efficiently, reducing the time and effort required to schedule appointments and reducing the risk of appointment conflicts and double-bookings.
- Automating appointment reminders: Custom patient scheduling software can automate appointment reminders, reducing the number of missed appointments and improving patient satisfaction.
- Streamlining patient check-in and check-out: Custom patient scheduling software can streamline the check-in and check-out process, reducing the time and effort required to process patients and freeing up staff time for more important tasks.
- Managing patient waitlists: Custom patient scheduling software can help dental practices to manage patient waitlists, ensuring that patients are seen in a timely manner and reducing the risk of patient frustration.
Here are some examples of widely recognized and highly rated scheduling apps for dental practices:
- Eaglesoft – a practice management software that offers appointment scheduling, patient record management, billing and insurance claim submissions, digital imaging, and more.
- Carestream Dental – an all-in-one dental software that provides clinical, practice management, and imaging solutions for dental practices.
- NextGen Healthcare – an integrated EHR and practice management solution for dentists that provides appointment scheduling, patient record management, billing, and insurance claim submissions, as well as clinical documentation tools.
Overall, scheduling apps can help dental practices operate more efficiently, improve patient engagement and satisfaction, and drive growth. By carefully evaluating the specific needs and goals of their practice and selecting the right scheduling app, dental practices can leverage technology to improve their operations and increase their bottom line.
Software for booking patients
3D prostheses & implants solutions
Such dental software enables users to get CBCT images, scan surfaces, build virtual crowns, map all prior data, and continue with their plan. If a custom-designed crown is not available, the system includes a standard crown library. The software’s viewing mode makes it simple to choose the best place for an implant. If an implant is put too near to segmented adjacent teeth or the mandible canal. Implant guides created using the software may be effortlessly 3D printed. You may utilize the system’s pre-programmed settings for the most prevalent 3D printers, or you can make your own.
Here are some of the best applications for 3D prostheses and implant solutions:
- Dental Wings DWOS – a CAD/CAM (Computer-aided design and Computer-aided manufacturing) software is used to design and manufacture a wide range of dental restorations, including crowns, bridges, implants, and more.
- CEREC – a CAD/CAM software allows dentists to design and manufacture dental restorations such as crowns, bridges, and implants based on digital images of a patient’s teeth.
- Planmeca Romexis – an imaging software allows dentists to create 3D images of a patient’s teeth and jaw, which can be used for a variety of purposes, including implant planning and placement.
These are numerous examples of applications for 3D prostheses and implant solutions, and the best one for a particular practice will depend on the specific needs and preferences of that practice. The accuracy and reliability of the software and the level of technical support and training offered by the manufacturer are also important factors to consider when selecting a solution.
3D creation of prostheses and implants
Custom CRM for dentists. Why is it better to use your own atomic solution?
When using CRM solutions, one size does not fit all since each office has its client base and schedule. As a result, it’s better to use your dental management software, and here’s why:
- Saving money on the dental software cost. The majority of ready-made CRM systems are available as SaaS subscription packages. The fee is determined by the number of users in your office and the services accessible. However, these plans have limits because many pre-packaged CRM systems have capabilities you may never use.
- Less time onboarding. An effective training and onboarding program makes new employees feel welcome and shortens the time it takes to get them on board.
- Easy integration. Getting extra features from an off-the-shelf CRM system is expensive. Their enhanced functionality and APIs are available in pricey packages. The integration strategy in off-the-shelf CRM further complicates matters.
Here are some examples of well-regarded custom CRM solutions for dentists:
- PatientPop – This cloud-based platform provides a comprehensive CRM solution for dental practices, offering features such as appointment scheduling, patient communication, marketing automation, and website design.
- ZocDoc – a cloud-based platform provides an easy-to-use and customizable CRM solution for dental practices, allowing practices to manage patient information, appointment scheduling, and marketing campaigns in one centralized location.
- Henry Schein Practice Solutions – a comprehensive CRM solution offers a range of features including appointment scheduling, patient communication, marketing automation, and financial management tools.
Similar to other types of dental solutions, there are many examples of custom CRM solutions for dental prcatices, and the most appropriate one for a given clinic will depend on its particular needs. The level of customization and integration with other software and systems, the level of technical support and training offered by the developer, and the cost of the solution are also essential factors to consider when selecting a CRM solution.
Custom CPM for dentists
Disadvantages of using SaaS solutions in dentistry
While Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions offer many advantages for dental practices, there are also some potential disadvantages to consider. As opposed to other custom dental apps, they may not be as flexible as traditional on-premise software solutions. This can be a drawback for dental practices with specific needs or requirements.
Let’s take a closer look at the areas where the SaaS model may have some limitations:
|Dependence on internet connectivity||SaaS solutions are typically delivered over the internet, so dental practices must have a reliable internet connection to use them effectively. If the internet connection is slow or goes down, it can impact the ability of dental practices to access patient data and other critical information.|
|Cost||SaaS solutions are typically offered on a subscription basis, and while they can be more cost-effective than traditional software solutions, the cost can add up over time, especially for practices with a large number of users or a high volume of patient data.|
|Lack of control||In-house software applications give offices more control than hosted solutions, which are controlled by a third party. Usually, everyone must utilize the most recent version of the software and cannot postpone upgrades.|
|Data privacy||Access control and the security of sensitive data are important concerns with cloud and hosted services. Although SaaS is becoming more popular, there are still many apps that do not offer a hosted platform. Because the SaaS model is dependent on online distribution, if your internet service goes down, you will lose access to your program or data.|
|Performance||Because SaaS apps are not hosted on a local workstation, they may operate at slightly reduced speeds than on-site server solutions.|
|Technical support||While SaaS providers typically offer technical support, the level of support and responsiveness may not be the same as with traditional software solutions. In some cases, support may be limited to specific hours of operation or may only be available via email or chat.|
To make the informed decision about using SaaS, dental practices should carefully evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of SaaS solutions and consult with their technology team and other stakeholders. If a SaaS solution does not meet the specific needs of a dental practice, it can lead to inefficiencies and slowdowns in workflows. This can negatively impact patient care and ultimately reduce the bottom line. Also, if the solution does not provide the necessary patient information, appointment scheduling, and other critical features, it can negatively impact patient satisfaction and reduce the reputation of the dental practice.
Using dental apps allows dentistry offices to save money by enhancing data accuracy, lowering paper costs, and saving staff time. They can also improve customer experiences and simplify new patient registration and communication. Why, in this day and age, would you need your staff to use pen and paper? Especially when digitizing the procedure will consolidate your workflow into a single strong tool? You’ll be a better and more educated business owner with these systems. All of your goals may be tracked easily and efficiently.
Also, why buy a premade solution with costly features that you’ll never need? You just need custom dental software tailored to your needs and plans, helping you boost your business. Luckily, as you’ve seen, we at TRIARE are experts at this. Even better, we are only a phone call away to give you your unique solution!