Why is IT Education a Top Priority for Our Company
We have grown to 50+ staff members and know the value of IT education.
IT education has become a key for software developers. It is vital for IT companies to attract and improve the best talent if they want to keep leading positions on the market. We made an overview of current IT education trends and described TRIARE’s ideas.
At TRIARE we strive to learn about current business trends or ideas and follow up by offering solutions. A website, mobile app, or hardware integration – any project must come with a magnifying passion for learning new ways to satisfy everchanging needs. Here it comes with three R’s: Responsibility, Reliability & Relationships (Boris Abazher, CEO).
In global technological disruption and intense competition, entire industries strive to improve by investing tremendous funds in education. This statement is notably true for information technology (IT) companies. In the environment of constant innovation, it is essential to equip employees with new skills. No wonder IT education draws increasing attention among those who try to stay competitive.
The Pandemic and Current Trends in IT Education
COVID-19 has become a strong catalyst for IT education. Before the pandemic, when working from home was not a necessity, online learning did not have nearly as much attention as it gets today. For the most part, it has been an addition to the traditional learning process or substituted live instructors if they were not available. During the lockdowns, there were no alternatives to online. Usage and adoption have surged, and the demand for IT education solutions has increased at a breathtaking pace, shortening the digitalization of education by many years. As of summer 2021, 98% of corporations in the US offer various online learning options. The open online course market is projected to grow at an annual rate of 32.09% until 2025.
For corporate training to be successful, practical training that prepares employees for their actual job is necessary. Online learning resources can utilize various techniques to train and engage employees through active thinking and job mechanics that encourage learners to solve problems.
Companies take advantage of online learning trends that equip their remote employees to learn new material. It helps them apply new knowledge to their work quickly while gaining access to educational content. These online learning trends include mobile learning, microlearning, and video-based learning. No wonder human resource representatives always look for candidates who consider training and professional development as their top priority.
Largest IT companies create their education centers, open for external users. For example, at Oracle University, 2.2 million worldwide learners earned professional certificates. In terms of internal IT education, IBM annually spends over $574 million on internal training and development, considered one of the world’s most enormous budgets. Every year, IBM employees reach over 28.6 million hours in learning.
Why TRIARE Cooperates with Educational Institutions
Cherkasy-based software developer TRIARE is no exception. The company was established in 2015 and currently employs over 50 specialists who possess a broad range of technological and soft skills. The company fully realizes the need for continuous learning and professional development. To be a key player both in Cherkasy and Ukraine, TRIARE regularly initiates partnerships with educational institutions.
As a proud member of the Cherkasy IT Cluster and a Founder Institute partner, TRIARE has visited some institutions in the Cherkasy region to endorse IT careers and acquire new talent. The company annually participates in IT Career Day to assist prospective developers, quality assurance professionals, and project managers in choosing the appropriate career path. In 2021, the company has organized official events with the following:
- Cherkasy State Technological University. The parties signed a memorandum of cooperation, allowing TRIARE to attract talent while providing the University students with essential working experience.
- Cherkasy Polytechnic Professional College. TRIARE is involved in improving app development courses. Best students will get internships with possible employment.
- Cherkasy State Business College. The parties signed a cooperation agreement; TRIARE is set to help with improving educational programs and courses related to IT education.
In each case, TRIARE has been informed about the institution’s educational programs and their opportunities for students. TRIARE representatives discussed how they might assist the local community in terms of academic assistance.
Collaboration with educational institutions provides several vital benefits. Like other industries, investing in IT professional development is always seen as a strong point for potential employees. Insufficient training options are often stated among the main reasons for leaving current employers. Additionally, education is always good publicity. Even if the company merely provides free courses for students, it may attract a great deal of attention from outside.
To enhance its IT education effort, TRIARE holds various events. For example, the following have been organized in 2021:
- Project Management MeetUP. A training session for everyone who wants to upgrade their knowledge in business analysis and project management.
- Team Talks. An event for app developers, testers, and designers. The most recent one was dedicated to animation with Bezier curves and native UI elements in iOS.
- Mobile Meetup. A meeting where TRIARE executives provide insight on innovation in Android and iOS. Recently, TRIARE experts presented the topics of Modular architecture in iOS and Motion Layout for Android. They shared key insights on monolith and module architectures while uncovering popular myths about visualization in mobile app development.
How EdTech Helps to Advance Corporate Education
As highlighted on TRIARE’s blog, education technology (EdTech) is a fast-growing sector, which is expected to quadruple by 2025. Therefore, the development of educational apps transforms into an area where major IT players direct their investments. Many organizations, regardless of their purpose, struggle with adapting to constantly updating digital technologies. For universities, the technology challenges have been complicated by a combination of pandemic and general trends – decreasing enrollment, surging operating costs, and changing students’ expectations. These trends require replacing outdated IT infrastructure and applications with technology that better assists higher education in the digital world.
According to best internal EdTech use practices, a company’s IT education needs to be structured to cover all parties: from the prospective employees to experienced executives. The following layers have to be involved:
- Employment accelerators. They resemble programs, events, and training sessions where a company connects with potential employees, giving a chance for candidates to learn about the organization’s culture.
- Apprenticeship programs. Provide opportunities for people without advanced experience to join the company as apprentices to develop essential skills. The employer develops intense training programs where the candidates can demonstrate their learning and teamwork abilities.
- Internal educational database. A system of resources and courses prepared by the company where employees can navigate what they are most interested in. It usually includes mandatory professional development that needs to be completed by employees within a particular time range. The database has to be regularly updated.
- Skill academies. Like Oracle and Microsoft examples, a well-established company may open a separate department exclusively responsible for IT education.
People at TRIARE fully realize the importance of continuous IT education. Various activities, from free meetups to cooperation with universities, contribute significantly to forming organizational culture where employees constantly enhance their abilities. While utilizing the best EdTech practices, TRIARE is well-equipped to develop as an IT leader in Ukraine.