Orthodontic Software for Enhanced Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
Dental treatment is a complex and multi-level process, requiring professionalism from doctors and attention from patients. In this case, orthodontic software turns into an effective tool for the use of advanced imaging as a prerequisite to plan the stages of treatment based on the achievement of the final result visualized to increase the efficiency of the doctor and the patient’s motivation.
Who is TRIARE, and what is our experience in orthodontic software development?
TRIARE is a company specializing in developing software of any complexity. The team of professionals is always ready to develop the unique digital tools needed to meet your needs and preferences. You can take advantage of our company’s extended list of services, ranging from scenario modeling to meeting the request and ending with constant support for the correct functioning of the custom orthodontic software.
TRIARE has extensive experience in web developing software products in the healthcare field. An introduction of innovative approaches to the work of dentists greatly influences the effectiveness of the process, improving the quality and speed of the provided services. Smile App represents a successful case implemented by the company to visualize the possible implantation results in seconds. This orthodontic software provides an opportunity to:
Strengthen the patient’s willingness for implantation. The high-quality visualization of a new and aesthetic smile will be the main motivation to start the treatment process without wasting a minute to delay.
Confirm the clinic’s professionalism. The use of innovative technologies during diagnosis and treatment increases patients’ confidence in specialists who keep up with the times. The patients highly appreciate the ability to be involved in the treatment process at the stage of modeling results using special software.
Save time for patients and doctors. More than 88% of patients want to use digital communications to contact a doctor in minutes. The application allowing the patients to see the results of implantation shows even better potential in accelerating the diagnosis and treatment process.
Overview of the Most Advanced Orthodontic Imaging Technologies
Orthodontic imaging technologies have become an integral part of dental diagnosis and treatment by significantly expanding the capabilities of specialists in this field. Despite the relative accessibility of the oral cavity for medical manipulations, the visualization of dental interventions remains one of the unsolved problems of modern dentistry.
Video and photo recording of a dental intervention is difficult due to the constant presence of an aerosol from water, air, particles of teeth and filling material in the oral cavity. Digital technologies for dental diagnosis and treatment remain an important task of modern orthodontics.
The most advanced orthodontic imaging technologies include the following methods.
Extraoral Imaging. It allows the dentist to obtain visualization outside the oral cavity using special equipment. This approach is perfect for periodontics, the elderly, children, claustrophobic patients, and patients with a strong gag reflex or pain. Extraoral imaging improves clinical efficiency and requires less time and effort than conventional intraoral bitewing imaging. This type of orthodontic imaging becomes possible through the use of the following technologies:
- Planmeca ProMax®. It improves the working processes during orthodontics, implantology, and prosthodontics treatment workflows, requiring high-quality 3D visualizations of the oral cavity of patients.
- DEXIS Extraoral Imaging. The technology implies using the super powerful panoramic X-ray for the further usage of visualization as a basis for developing a treatment scenario. The equipment allows dentists to receive 2D and 3D visualization of the patient’s oral cavity details without requiring auxiliary equipment.
Intraoral Imaging. This methodology implies direct contact with the patient’s oral cavity to reveal the issues caused by specific anomalies. It has certain disadvantages in the form of additional time costs, the negative impact of the individual characteristics of patients and deviations from the absolute accuracy of imaging. However, financial benefit compared to the previous method motivates dentists to continue to use imaging technologies such as:
- StarX Pro. It represents a sensitive sensor for intraoral examination and further visualization.
- Fona XDC. This device creates high-quality visualization in direct contact with the patient’s oral cavity.
Other Methods. A set of scanning technologies for visualization involves using methods such as Cone Beam Computerized Tomography, 3D laser scanning, stereophotogrammetry, and others. They do not require the development of orthodontic software. However, they can only meet the needs of some patients.
The Future of Orthodontics: Innovations in Imaging Software Technology
The innovations in orthodontic imaging software represent an integral part of dental progress. The high-quality programs allow certain equipment to function and perform the role of individual tools for diagnosis and treatment. 3D visualization of the patients in the oral cavity is the starting point for the dentist’s preparation of the action scenario. Digital imaging software for orthodontic models is needed to create the fabrication of crowns, pieces of vinyl and many other types of dental prosthetics. Technology allows dentists to work faster and more accurately. Dental laboratories and modern clinics usштп CAD/CAM dentistry gain a huge competitive advantage because they can serve customers with high speed and quality.
The most effective orthodontic imaging software packages are listed below:
- 3Shape Dental System. One of the best dental software developed in Denmark. In addition to the main version, it is possible to supplement the program with add-ons that provide additional opportunities for 3D modeling and prototyping.
- Planmeca ProMax 3D. The system supports many features that help in 2D and 3D visualization of objects, design and processing of scanned material. The software is compatible with various operating systems. It is easy to use. The popular programs among specialists speed up the treatment process and help to make implant models. It is compatible with a wide variety of equipment.
Advanced Imaging Made Easy: Orthodontic Software for Enhanced Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
Complex orthodontic imaging software is rapidly changing to reflect new trends and meet dentists’ needs. Carestream Dental developed an advanced computer software package with an extended list of available options and opportunities for specialists. It includes such products as:
- CS Imaging 8. It provides the specialists with an opportunity to receive access to all of the necessary files simultaneously. This option allows dentists to save time on fragmented data processing.
- CS 3D Imaging Software. The program facilitates the process of implant planning and endodontics through the availability of the extra tools needed to increase the visualization quality. It performs the role of the foundation for dentists to develop customized treatment plans based on the visualizations received after the diagnosis process.
The specialists can use Carestream Dental’s software individually or in combination to improve the quality of the entire range of dental services.
How Orthodontic Imaging Software Can Improve Diagnosis Accuracy
In 2021, the medical imaging market reached the value of $38.6 billion by showing the growing interest of specialists in the use of technologies for diagnosing. The orthodontic imaging software can improve the quality of diagnosis accuracy by providing the specialists with an opportunity to:
- Discuss the aesthetic problems with the patient.
- Conduct a virtual simulation, agreeing on the expected shape and position of the patient’s teeth.
- Justify the treatment plan and the feasibility of involving related specialists.
- Accurately reproduce the agreed shape in the finished prosthesis based on the use of 3D technologies.
- Show the specialist the patient’s face and teeth in a three-dimensional form when communicating with a dental technician at a distance. This approach is important when modeling a future visualization of the entire oral cavity.
Thus, even before the start of treatment, you can see yourself with a new smile like in a mirror without starting the treatment itself! This approach is much better than seeing the result only at the treatment’s end when nothing can be corrected. One of the main functional advantages of the method is that it can be combined at the stages of treatment with other 3D technologies in dentistry.
Understanding the Benefits of Orthodontic Imaging Software
The market of dental imaging software has shown an increase in compound annual growth rate to 10%. Orthodontic imaging software allows dentists to enjoy a wide range of benefits at all stages of diagnosis and treatment, including:
- Creation of a teeth alignment scenario, taking into account the features of the smile through saving in memory several options for moving teeth for different positions of the lower jaw.
- Visualization of the movement of the roots during the execution of the alignment script.
- Setting the position of the axis of rotation separately for each tooth and an arbitrary value of the step of moving the teeth for the subsequent manufacture of aligners.
- Control of the position of the roots relative to the cortical plate of the jawbone.
- Automatic visualization of changes in teleroentgenogram data during tooth alignment and calculation of the number of required mouthguards (separately for the upper and lower jaws) and treatment time including placement of attachments and model design for aligners.
- Visualization and measurement of the required approximal reduction or occlusal correction.
These advantages became possible due to the complex approach to the process of problem-solving. OrthoMinds has shown advanced cooperation with partners to achieve the continuous and productive operation of digital products.
What custom features and solutions can TRIARE offer?
TRIARE team of specialists can meet all types of clients’ needs and requests. Complex skills and experience in the area of healthcare allow us to introduce smart solutions for the development of digital products. The custom orthodontic software is not an exception to this rule. We can offer a wide range of services to our clients, involving:
- Personalized approach to each client
- Individual case analysis
- Study of the target audience of patients for further software development
- Implementation of the most modern algorithms for collecting and processing information to create dental imaging
- Improvement of digital products by the further desires of dental clinics
- Software support in the form of data updates, functionality and bug fixing
We can take the Smile App as a starting point for developing unique software for dental clinics. At the same time, TRIARE can cope with a case of any complexity to provide you with effective digital products to increase the productivity of your working processes.
Modern custom orthodontic software greatly facilitates the work of dentists by allowing them to get results quickly and introduce treatment plans with high accuracy. The team of TRIARE specialists can develop intuitive and simple software packages to meet your needs. The use of 3D technologies speeds up the work of dental clinics and offices. You will get a chance to serve more clients and increase the level of services.