Custom Healthcare Software Development
Custom Healthcare Software Development
The healthcare industry is evolving quickly. Over recent years, its progress has been greatly determined by technology advancements that revolve around data sharing, patient engagement, care coordination, predictive analytics, etc.
Vast industry needs require custom healthcare software development. At TRIARE, we have substantial experience building healthcare apps, including the following:
- Smile app. A mobile application for instant dental implants visualization and customization. It allows dental clinics to show how a patient’s new smile will look in a couple of clicks on a tablet. As a result, clinics gain a tool to acquire customers by demonstrating them their new smile.
- Dental portal. A web solution that facilitates digitalization of medical processes. In healthcare, communication often occurs via emails, phone calls, or messengers without proper data tracking and storage. The Dental Portal solution simplifies the process in multiple ways: from order placing and price selection to CRM connection with following data analysis.
- Medkitdoc. A mobile app that enables remote medical diagnostics. TRIARE started developing it at the time of the initial COVID-19 outbreak when it became an issue to hold face-to-face meetings of doctors and patients. The app connects various diagnostic equipment, such as a stethoscope, via bluetooth and transmits data to doctors. It helps businesses streamline data management by connecting the app to the CRM and automating the appointment schedules.
Why is it important to use healthcare software?
The need for advanced healthcare solutions explodes exponentially with the jump to value-based care. At the very foundation, organizations cannot focus on value without custom healthcare software that provides data insights and analytics.
Besides, the desire to control health via apps is inherent in modern society that uses gadgets in every sphere of life. Not only patients can optimize their lifestyles using smartphones, but healthcare organizations may find opportunities to cut their costs by implementing software solutions too. Healthcare custom software development responds to both corporate and private demands.
Understandably, the reasons why healthcare software applications are gaining momentum are numerous. For example:
- The number of chronic patients is constantly increasing.
- Patients become clients while the healthcare system transforms into a service.
- Competition among healthcare organizations turns into the main driver of innovations.
- The cost of health services keeps growing.
- Digital presence is a must in all industries, and healthcare is not an exception.
- The COVID-induced reality paradigm pushes everything to be remote.
For all the above reasons, there are millions of ways for custom healthcare software to impact the day-to-day life of all parties from patients to clinics.
What problems can healthcare software solve?
From transforming health management to dramatically decreasing the number of errors that affect hospitals, custom healthcare software offers rich benefits to users. Here are some of the most visible ones:
- Convenient equipment management. Hospitals are getting bigger and their operations become more complex. The global medical equipment market is about to reach $603.5 billion in 2023, as healthcare machines get more sophisticated technology and more expensive parts. To maintain and operate pricey assets, hospitals implement custom medical software developed to manage operational expenses and ensure that the equipment is well-serviced.
- Remote and interconnected patient monitoring. Similar to other industries, healthcare organizations rely more and more on the Internet of Things (IoT). It enables doctors to monitor their patients remotely, using custom healthcare software that allows them to examine, diagnose, and consult without leaving their practice.
- Billing automation. Custom software development in healthcare can also automate billing processes and track all financial operations from any device: invoicing, insurance claims, patient data, etc. Medical billing software reduces manual errors that can occur while transferring personal data between systems.
- Efficient medical diagnosis. Medical diagnosis solutions allow doctors to discover the symptoms and make decisions, while storing real-time patient records in a system. They often use artificial intelligence tools to analyze collected data and generate the most appropriate diagnosis.
What issues can be solved with healthcare mobile apps?
Mobile apps have extended the ability of doctors, patients, and administrative staff to solve everyday issues with ease. Let’s look closer at some of the advancements provided by medical apps.
|Instantly accessing medical history||Clinics have always struggled to get quick access to the records. Mobile apps have eliminated the need for them to manually track patients’ data. By keeping the info within reach, it is easier to provide instant treatment.|
|Getting digitized access to reports||Collecting medical reports was challenging until the introduction of digital reports sent via email. Healthcare app development companies have simplified the process of collecting reports and sharing them with doctors by creating mobile apps.|
|Claiming medical insurance||Chasing insurance providers for a claim at a time of need can be painful. Insurance companies try to increase customer satisfaction by building custom applications.|
Mobile healthcare apps
Benefits of custom healthcare software development
Let’s go over the benefits of custom healthcare solutions:
- Fewer mistakes. Healthcare workers are constantly under enormous pressure, and it is likely they make mistakes somewhere along the way. Thankfully, custom healthcare software can eliminate the risk of mistakes.
- Less paperwork. There is nobody who wants to complete countless paper forms anymore. Custom software development for healthcare providers allows for medical files to be digitized and accessed with one click. It is not only more convenient to complete documentation electronically—it is also easier to find any file in the future. From doctor reports to sick notes, patients and health professionals alike can soon forget about paper.
- Increased patient satisfaction. A patient’s experience in healthcare service is paramount. In turn, speed and efficiency are essential in ensuring customer satisfaction. Automated scheduling tools and integrated communications channels, along with instant messaging and reminders, enable a seamless, speedy process—ensuring high customer satisfaction.
Custom healthcare software development
Other benefits of custom healthcare software development include but are not limited to the following:
- Automated management process within the healthcare facility.
- Early detection of diseases to ensure efficient treatment.
- Simplified communication among medical workers within the healthcare system.
- Real-time access to data and analytics.
- Automation of different daily tasks.
The process of developing healthcare software
Numerous organizations are investing in medical software development to boost staff efficiency, improve patient experience, and improve overall care delivery. The process employed by healthcare software development companies varies from one project to another and depends on the level of customization (it can be a white-labeled solution of a fully custom one) and complexity (projects range from complex systems with numerous user types and lots of data to simple patient-facing apps).
Regardless of the particular setting, the major steps in the healthcare software development process are:
- Requirements gathering: collecting data around the healthcare provider to define the needs to address including cyber security consulting.
- Concept development: gathering details to develop a minimum viable product.
- Design and development: building a final solution.
- Software testing and implementation: verifying whether the software is free of errors and other issues.
- Validation and support: after the solution is validated and released, companies developing custom healthcare software can continue with ongoing maintenance and support.
Process of developing healthcare software
Why is Agile important in healthcare software development?
The success of the healthcare project largely depends on the methodology used in the development process. At TRIARE, we build our operation and collaboration with clients on the Agile methodology.
A set of principles called Agile ensures that custom healthcare software development runs in the most effective way, when all parties involved are in constant communication and the process is divided into small, manageable parts.
As a team-based approach to project management, Agile entails a fixed-time phase called a sprint: normally a two weeks of objectives. At the beginning of each sprint, users prepare a list of deliverables, prioritized based on business objectives. When each sprint ends, the client has a working version of their software, assesses it, and makes changes for further sprints.
The following are some of the most important aspects of Agile in healthcare development:
- Opening communication channels. Agile encourages communication among and across teams, which eliminates unnecessary back-and-forth between team members.
- Defining clear metrics. Agile principles allow teams to work as one in setting key metrics and objectives. With sprint planning, teams monitor progress on their goals while receiving feedback and adjusting goals after each sprint.
- Adapting to change. Agile provides the flexibility they need to offer high-quality outcomes.
Agile in healthcare software development
How to choose the right company for custom healthcare software development?
Selecting the right partner to create a software product is challenging. However, there is guidance on what to focus on and what things to avoid to bring a project to success.
Since the goal is to build a solution for the healthcare industry, the main thing to consider is finding a partner with a proven track record of creating products for this particular sector. You need to be sure that the healthcare software development company knows the market needs and realizes the legal, security, and technical aspects of building healthcare solutions.
Healthcare software development company
Be sure that the development team understands your requirements correctly and learn about how they manage the process. It’s in your best interest to be as much involved in development as possible to be able to control the execution and prioritize features. Make it a point to hear regular updates from the team on current progress and any problems that may be happening.
Custom healthcare software development can solve a wide range of issues that are troubling the industry and bring the operation of medical institutions to another level. If you’re looking for a reliable development partner, TRIARE’s team has the know-how of building powerful medical solutions designed according to business requirements and with regard to the latest industry trends and technology advancements.