IT Asset Management Software: What Matters Today
IT Asset Management Software: What Matters Today
Are you considering automation for your company? The range of IT management software tools is extensive nowadays. We found the best solutions and put them into categories while determining the main pros and cons. Find out more in the article below.
One of the main benefits associated with modern technological progress is the availability of tools for medium and small companies. It is no longer necessary to spend a dubious amount of money on developing complex solutions. IT management software includes a wide range of processes, including app development, that supports automation and increases the internal processes’ overall efficiency and effectiveness.
1. What is enterprise software?
Enterprise software is an umbrella term for solutions supporting automation of the underlying business processes. Companies may be designing technological solutions that best fit their specific needs. While these instruments offer the highest degree of customization, they are capital-intensive and resource-intensive. It is also possible to outsource the development and maintenance of such a solution to a third-party vendor with experience and expertise. Such an approach would be cheaper while retaining its customization element. Developing an app or a website would require a lower amount of resources. Alternatively, it is possible to use ready solutions from reliable vendors. This option is the cheapest one, as it sacrifices a great degree of customization.
2. Types of enterprise software
Depending on the type of the core process and the goals of a company, it is possible to list several types of IT management software:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). This type of IT management software is the prime element of internal operations. Specifically, it unifies the collected databases while minimizing errors and delays. Such a system would be particularly essential for the larger companies with the bigger structural complexity. The ERP system could connect the accounting, customer service, inventory management, order management, e-commerce, shipping, and other functions of a company. The largest vendors offering the ERP systems include Oracle, SAP, Sage, and NetSuite. See similar cases we built for our customers.
- Business Intelligence (BI). The BI type of enterprise management systems focuses primarily on the processing of data, its visualization, and prediction of future tendencies. Similar to the ERP, it uses data from various elements of the company’s management system. Its core functions may include benchmarking, data mining, statistical patterns, algorithms, and forecasting. The software commonly presents data in the form of dashboards to improve its comprehension for the end-users. Salesforce, Microsoft, Qlik, and Tableau are the most prominent vendors.
- Customer Relationships Management (CRM). The CRM function commonly includes the marketing, sales, procurement, and support elements, consolidating the main aspects of the corporate relationship management process. The central role of CRM software is to improve the quality of interaction between the company and its customers with the resulting positive effects on sales. Furthermore, the CRM software increases the inflow of customers by recording all interactions with potential leads. It is capable of generating reports, implementing social media and messengers, and as well as using Bank ID. The biggest vendors offering standardized solutions are Oracle, Salesforce, Zoho, and Hubspot. Recently, a no-code competitor emerged.
- Supply Chain Management (SCM). This component focuses on the consistency of the supply process in terms of its suitability for the company. At the same time, the SCM improves interactions with the suppliers in terms of compliance and corporate standards. For instance, digitized supply chain management allows monitoring the emission levels and assigning a score to the suppliers based on their CSR efforts. Oracle, SAP, E2open, and Logility are amongst the largest vendors offering supply chain management solutions.
- Marketing Automation (MA). The marketing process requires consistent maintenance and support based on the company’s scale, season, industry trends, and other factors. In this context, marketing automation structures the internal operations and the external interactions, ensuring timely communication, consistency in order placements, and effective social media utilization. The biggest vendors include Adobe Campaign, HubSpot, Act-On, and Marketo.
- Human Resources Management. Similar to the other corporate functions, HR contains a number of routine processes allowing automation. The company can increase its outreach for finding the best available talent while remaining consistent in terms of cost-efficiency. The core elements of the software include data mining, matching positions to candidates, automation of the recruitment workflow, and dashboards. SAP, Oracle, Workday, and Ultimate Software, among the others, offer HR software.
Read more about software for business – our case study ClearCheck.
3. Pros and cons of enterprise software
The mentioned vendors offering various types of software have their respective specifics in terms of functionality, pricing, technological requirements, and others.
|Vendor/Tool||Best Application||Platform||Price||Free Trial|
|SAP||ERP software for small and medium companies||MacOS and Windows||Custom quote upon contact||30 days|
|Oracle NetSuite||ERP software for a wide small, medium, and large firms||MacOS and Windows||Custom quote upon contact||N/A|
|Salesforce||CRM software for small and medium companies||MacOS and Windows||Essential package: $25/month
Professional package: $75/month Enterprise package: $150/month
|Microsoft Dynamics||ERP for small, medium, and large companies||MacOS and Windows||The price ranges between $65/month and $1,500/month depending on the number of modules||N/A|
|Datapine||ERP for small and medium organizations||MacOS and Windows||Custom quote upon contact||14 days|
4. How to develop apps that best suit your needs?
When considering the IT management system, the three main options are developing your own solution, outsourcing the development, and purchasing the standardized solution from a vendor. Developing apps is a complex process that requires sufficient expertise and experience. Thus, developing management systems from scratch would require significant resources and is available primarily to large corporations. At the same time, outsourcing the development can save money and time. Furthermore, such an approach also supports a high degree of customization corresponding with specific business needs.
TRIARE has a consistent approach when it comes to the digital transformation of companies and the development of mobile apps. This approach assists companies with defining clear goals, understanding their customers better, creating agile processes, implementing best practices, and support consistent monitoring. A company that implements enterprise software or goes with developing a mobile app benefits from the experience and expertise of the vendor.
5. Use enterprise software to get ahead today
The availability of enterprise software tools provided affordable and reliable means to small and medium companies that were previously available only to large corporations. ERP systems contribute to the competitiveness of organizations by structuring and unifying various functions, from customer relations to human resources. TRIARE is ready to assist with this process by offering its knowledge, experience, and expertise. Ask us now.